I’m sitting in the Sky Harbor Phoenix, AZ airport heading home and reflecting about my first visit to Sedona. On day one, I took the Pink Jeep Broken Arrow adventure tour and was impressed by signs like the one in the photo below.
I love the positive implication!
Most of the time we see things like: Do Not Enter, Keep Off, Keep Out, Restricted, No Trespassing - Trespassers will be prosecuted, etc.
I became really curious and stopped to examine what type of healing could be in progress. I was moved to a deep sense of respect for nature, from the vegetation to the rocks, and for the human beings caring in such a powerful manner. I wonder how different our lives would be if we approached our own progress in a similar way.
To actually be in progress, we need to LET GO of all the lies we believe and tell ourselves.
Those lie may sound something like: I’ll never get through this, I’m so broken, I’m all alone, It’s so hard for me, I can’t do ___, It’ll never work out for me, I’m too old/young/short/tall/thin/fat, well, you get the idea. So, cut ties with the lies!
Then, stay on the trail that leads to where you want to go and grow.
Here’s some practical ways to stay on your trail…
- Shine a light on those lies and negative thoughts that do not support you.
- Simply be present, pay attention to your thoughts, and be alert as opposed to reverting to mindless activities.
- Acknowledge and name the pain or frustration.
- Assign 1 to 2 words or a very brief phrase to that irritating lie instead of numbing out, ignoring or suppressing.
- Practice Gratitude – be grateful for the opportunity to redirect your attention and focus.
- Intentionally look for the blessing(s).
- What have you learned?
- How can you use your experience(s) to support you and to serve and help others?
- How can this be a stepping stone instead of a stumbling block?
- Ask – what’s my next right step?
- Be still. Listen/Pray/Meditate – you’ll know the very next thing to do.
- Note: Just the next right step…not the next 500, which can result in overwhelm and often keeps us feeling stuck - thus the cycle of lies. You are not stuck.
- Get help and be open to support in all forms.
- Take the next right step.
- Enjoy your journey…each and every step along your way.
- Repeat, often, perhaps several times a day or even an hour.
When you practice this process you will soon discover that our healing is really in our progress and to progress we have to be in action. Simply be fully present, listen to your inner guidance, be in relationship with your surroundings and take just one step at a time. That’s all any of us can do anyway.
Yes – let it be simple and light and free.
If you are feeling stuck, just know you are not alone. I too have felt that way. And, I encourage you to do what I did…reach out for help and be open to support.
Let’s talk. This action just may be your next right step. Click HERE to book your free intuitive energy scan
Remember too that this /life is a process, a journey to be enjoyed, one step at a time with thanksgiving.
Abound in grace, Karen